VSAT | PanAmSats PAS Indian Ocean Region satellite
Satellite located at 68.5 degrees East ( Indian Ocean )
PanAmSat's PAS-10 Indian Ocean Region satellite casts a footprint over roughly 60 percent of the planet's landmass. This 30 million square-mile area is home to more than 80 percent of the world's population. The PAS-10 satellite is a key link for broadcast networks that deliver the most advanced value-added video, data and Internet services in the world.
PAS-10's vast and powerful coverage supports our aggressive growth strategy, by providing more robust and advanced resources for the development of broadcast networks serving Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East . The satellite enables PanAmSat to target the exciting growth opportunities in the emerging markets in the Indian subcontinent as well as Central and Western Asia , where demand for high-speed data and Internet services is strong and growing.
- Serves top international broadcasters and programmers, including the BBC, CNN, CCTV, Discovery, Doordarshan, ESPN, MTV, NHK, Nickelodeon, Sony and TNT.
- Switchable Ku-band beams offering increased versatility and flexible service options between various regions.
- PanAmSat's fifth satellite delivering services to Africa . PanAmSat was the first commercial company to provide satellite communications services throughout the entire continent.
IMPORTANT VSAT INFORMATION
globalCom Satellite delivers cost effective, high speed broadband internet access, with the ability to support VPN, Voice over IP, Video Broadcast and much more.
- Excellent coverage internationally
- Multi-megabit speeds on download and upload
- Compact, reliable, "one box" solution
- Fast and flexible - can be deployed anywhere
- Uses superior Error Correction Techniques to minimize weather-related performance degradation.
For Enterprise Customers
The ability to deliver broadband access to all your facilities is a critical component in your organization's productivity and efficiency. At GlobalCom, however, we understand that unless your remote access can also support all of your organizations business critical applications, it’s only doing half the job. That’s why GlobalCOm utilizes iDirect’s remote technology to provide the networking power you need to support all your user applications, and meet any communications challenge via satellite.
The direct iFINITI series was developed to include all the functionality customers need:
- Broadband Access – iDirect Technologies supports the highest TCP/IP throughputs in the industry, with speeds up to 18 Mbps downstream and 8.4 Mbps upstream. And, since iDirect supported networks can be configured in 1Kbps increments, users can get exactly the bandwidth they need in the most cost effective manner.
- Application Support - Deploy any HTTP application, and simultaneously support data, voice and video to multiple locations while guaranteeing the delivery quality.
- Remote locations will have the same capabilities as offices on landline broadband networks.
- Centralized NMS System – globalCom Satellite will manage all your remote units from a central location. The iDirect Network Management System (NMS) provides all essential monitor and control operations from a centrally located Network Operations Center (NOC).
Increased Bandwidth Efficiency - Support more applications and carry more traffic over your available bandwidth. Our Deterministic TDMA network architecture (D-TDMA) algorithm allocates bandwidth among multiple remote sites, based on criteria such as the queued depth at each remote site, the CIR (Committed Information Rate) configuration, Quality of Service (QOS) and prioritization requirements.
Support Real Time Applications – Deploy applications like voice and video with the most flexible and granular Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities in the industry. You Can automatically identify, classify and prioritize data traffic across the network enableing globalCom Satellite to provide the most flexible service and application options.
Capacity Optimization - With 1.2 Carrier Spacing we deliver 14% savings in bandwidth, through more efficient use of your transponder capacity. In addition, by using a native IP solution you save 10-50% capacity compared with inefficient MPEG Encapsulation.
Security - Remote locations no longer need to sacrifice functionality for security. The iDirect solution enables the deployment of government or corporate approved VPN solutions over satellite networks without loss of either TCP performance or support for real-time applications such as VoIP and streaming video.